Late Model Division
The Official tire rule for Late Model Division is as follows:
For regular BRP race nights:
- Hoosier D21 & D55 Only. The punch rule is 44 for D21 and 60 for D55.
- Crate 604 cars ONLY may run Crate D21’s or Crate D55’s. The punch rule for Crate D21 is 44, the punch run for Crate 55 is 60.
For a crate only race:
- The tires will be crate racing D21 and crate racing D55.
- The punch rule for the crate racing D21 is 44.
- The punch rule for the crate racing D55 is 60.
For UDLMCS races:
Adhere to the UDLMCS tire rule.
We have tires on sale at the track. Visit the Tires Page Here
- Minimum wheel base 103”. 1” tolerance.
- Gm crate motor cars 2250 lb with 12” spoiler.
- Nlms cars 2300 lb with 8” spoiler and crate side spoilers.
- East Bay 362ci motor cars 2450. 8” spoiler. Must be teched after race for weight inspection.
- GM crate 525 2350lb with 8” spoiler.
- Only 1 battery per car.
- All cars must have approved working fire extinguisher securely mounted within reach of driver.
- Racing seat and racing belts are mandatory, 5 point minimum, and must be securely mounted to the cars frame. Date of MFG must be on the belts and cannot be older than 3 years.
- An approved helmet with a current Snell 2000 minimum rating is required.
- A fire resistant driving suit, gloves, shoes and neck collar are mandatory. A Hans or Hutchins device is recommended.
- Drive shafts must be painted white. No mirrors or radios.
- All added weight/ballast must be painted white. All weight/ballast must be securely mounted with 1, .5″ diameter bolts per 25lbs.
- Stock appearing aftermarket accepted. May be made of steel, aluminum or fiberglass.
- No wedge style bodies. No roof mounted spoilers or wings.
- Nose and roof must match body style. MD3 nose is legal.
- Floor boards and fire wall must cover the drivers area and be constructed to provide maximum safety.
- Drivers seat must remain in same general area as the general design.
- Windshield screen or bars are mandatory.
- Neatly painted numbers at least 18” high are required on each side of the car and roof.
- No fins or raised lips of any kind permitted anywhere the entire length of the car.
- Spoiler and body maximum 72” wide.
- Nose pieces may extend a maximum of 50” from the center of the front hub to the farthest point extended forward.
Roof and Roof Supports:
- Must be stock appearing and mounted level.
- 45” minimum height from the ground.
- Must be mounted parallel to body and near center of car.
- Minimum material 40” long by 46” wide. Maximum material 50” long by 54” wide.
- No lip on rear of roof.
- Fiberglass roofs ok.
- Any sun shields, 4” maximum must be able to hinge for easy exiting.
Front Fenders and Hood:
- Must be level and flat from left to right side of car.
- Fenders cannot gain height from rear to front of car.
- No part of fenders or hood can be below outside body line.
- Interior may be dropped to the middle of the car no more than 3” below the top of the doors and must be at least 12” below roll cage.
- Interior must gradually taper up to the quarter panel height and be level for 32” from the rear of the quarter panel.
- Interior must be fastened flush at the top of the doors and quarter panels, and may taper gradually towards the center of the car, not creating a lip effect, with a minimum of 8” taper.
- Fabricated tube cars are legal.
- Full racing roll cage mandatory. 1.5” OD X .090 steel tubing.
- May use tubular A arms.
- May use tubular type spindle.
- May use screw jacks.
- Rack and pinion legal.
- Sway bar OK.
- One shock mounted in any position per side.
- Remote reservoir shocks allowed.
- Single or double adjustable shocks allowed.
- Rear end may be located in any position.
- May run leaf springs. May run coil springs. May run 3 bar/4 bar or combination leafs or coils (minimum coil springs diameter 2.5”). Spring rod or rubber snubber bars OK.
- 1 working shock per wheel except left rear. Left rear may have 2 working shocks 1 spring ONLY. Canister double adjustable.
- Brake floaters OK. Floater suspension of any type.
- 5th and 6th coil cars allowed.
- 6.5” back to #1 plug from the center of upper A frame mount on left side or 25.5” from the center of the left side A frame mount to the rear engine plate .5” tolerance.
GM Crate Engines:
- GM 525s are allowed (UDLMS rules apply)
- GM Crate Motor 602 (GM part number 88958602) are allowed The 602 crate motor must remain sealed as it was supplied by factory. NO ALTERING, TAMPERING, CHANGING OR REMOVING OF ANY PARTS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- All engines and parts must be as from factory with all components including but not limited to harmonic balancers, valve springs, push rods, rocker arms and valve covers.
- May run 1 of 3 carbs Holley 4412 or Holley 4150/750cfm/50127c Or 80541
- Engines in car must match manufacture of body used. Example: Ford Thunderbird must run Ford engines: Camaro must use GM engine. Dodge Intrepid must run Mopar engines.
- Chevy 350 cubic inch + .060, Ford 351 cubic inch + .060, Mopar 360 cubic inch + .030.
- Cast iron blocks only. Factory production or performance cast iron blocks only. No lightening of any blocks allowed! No aftermarket blocks allowed.
- Must have stock oiling system. No dry sump systems. Ford allowed to run single stage belt driven pump.
- May have strap on stock main caps. After market steel caps, straight bolt or angle splayed caps OK.
- No oversized lift holes.
- Oil coolers OK.
- Accu sump OK. Pressurized accu sumps OK.
- Crank must be factory stock stroke.
- Stock stroke for engines used 3.48” Chevy, 3.50” Ford, & 3.58” Mopar.
- Balancing OK
- Cross Drilling OK
- No knife edge or wings cranks.
- Any aftermarket forged steel or cast production type crank stock stroke for engine used. No billets. Minimum rod pin standard diameter 2.00”.
- Crank weight 48 lb. minimum Chevy engine, 54 lb Ford, & 50 lb Mopar.
- Any forged steel sportsman connection rod with the following dimensions: 7/16 rod bolt, 5.7 Chevy, & 6” Ford & Mopar. Connecting rods not to exceed $750 cost. “I” beam rods allowed: Chevy; Crower SP93205B-8, Eagle SIR5700BBLW, K-1 CF5700ALLB 8, Manley Sportmaster 14101-8, Pro-Comp PC4112, Scat 2-ICR5700-7/16. “H” beam rods allowed: Chevy; Eagle CRS5700BLW, Callies-Compstar CSA5700DS2A2AH, K-1 CH5700-ALL BB, Manley 14050-8, Pro-Comp PC4131. “I” beam rods allowed: Ford and Mopar; Crower Sportsman, Eagle, K-1, Manley Sportmaster, Pro-Comp, Scat. “H” beam rods allowed: Ford and Mopar; Eagle, Callies-Compstar, K-1, Manley, Pro-Comp.
- May polish beams.
- May use aftermarket rod bolts.
- No titanium rods, no Carillo rods.
- No profiling of rods, no cnc machining of center of beam, no removing of manufacturer name and rod size.
- Any flat top piston.
- Engine balancing is permitted.
- Any harmonic balancer.
- Balancer may be pinned.
- Ford 351: Sportsman M-6049-N351 or M6049-N352 heads allowed. No aftermarket heads, head maximum intake runner volume 195cc, exhaust runner 80cc maximum. N352 head maximum intake runner volume 188cc, exhaust runner volume 77cc. Combustion chamber volume either head, 62cc. No Tolerance. Maximum valve size 2.02″ intake & 1.65″ exhaust. Cylinder head must be unported. NO porting, Polishing, gasket matching, or coating on inside of head runners. No epoxying in runners. No short side radiusing. Must be able to see and feel the defined raised lip of original bowl in the cylinder head, In all areas of the bowl, AND All bowl work must remain concentric with the valve guide, and NO machined or grinding work more than .650″ below the 45 degree valve seat. Any work done more than .650″ below valve seat will be deemed port work, NOT part of the valve job. Any completely smooth blends of the bowl on the short side ( even though you can see where the cutter stops) will be considered short siding, again must be able to see and feel the defined raised lip of the original bowl. Stud mount rockers ONLY, stud must go through center of rocker arm. No shaft mounted rockers. May use Brodix NLMS “Spec” Aluminum heads, Brodix Spec head 60cc minimum combustion chamber. Hollow valves permitted any head. No angle milling Ford Brodix Spec head!!
- Mopar W2 cast iron cylinder head permitted part number P5249769 (59 degree block) 180cc max intake runner volume, 78cc max exhaust runner volume. P5007445 (48 degree block) 190cc max intake runner volume, 78cc max exhaust runner volume, or P5007445AB 196cc max intake runner volume, 78cc max exhaust runner volume, and casting numbers must remain on head unaltered. 64cc min combustion chamber volume. NO TOLERANCE. 2.02″ max intake valve diameter and 1.60″ max exhaust valve diameter. No titanium valves. Steel or stainless steel valves ONLY. 11/32″min valve stem diameter. Multi angle valve job permitted. Hollow stem valves permitted any cylinder head. NO porting, polishing, gasket matching, or coating on inside of head runners. NO epoxy in runners. No short side radiusing. Must be able to see and feel the defined raised lip of original bowl in the cylinder head, in all areas of the bowl and all bowl work must remain concentric with the valve guide, and NO machining or grinding work more than .500″ below the 45 degree valve seat. Any work done more than .500″ below valve seat will be deemed port work NOT part of the valve job. Any completely smooth blends of the bowl on the short side (even though you can see where the cutter stops) will be considered short siding, Milling of head accepted. May use any diameter valve spring. Any valve retainer, 11/32″ min valve stem diameter. Any steel push rod. Steel valve keepers ONLY. Mopar may run shaft mount rocker system. May use Brodix NLMS “SPEC” Aluminum head.
- Chevy, OEM, or performance cast iron heads or NLMS “SPEC” Aluminum head. ONLY heads permitted.
- Milling heads accepted.
- Three to multi angle valve job permitted.
- Maximum intake valve size 2.02. No titanium valves.
- Maximum exhaust valve size 1.65. No titanium valves.
- May use any size valve springs, valve retainer, oversize valve stem, lash caps, any steel push rods, screw in studs, guide plates, stud girdle, any stud mount roller rockers. Stud must go thru center of rockers.
- No porting, polishing, gasket matching, coating on inside of head runners. No short side radiusing. Must be able to see and feel the defined raised lip of original bowl in the cylinder head, in all areas of the bowl. All bowl work must remain concentric with the valve guide. No machined or grinding work more than .650” below the 45 degree valve seat. No undercutting or back cutting valve seat. Any work done more than .650” will be deemed port work NOT part of the valve job. Any completely smooth blends of the bowl on the short side, (even though you can see where the cutter stops) will be considered short siding, again must be able to see and feel the defined raised lip of the original bowl.
- No altered or ground off casting numbers.
- Chevy Vortec head casting No. 13554290 – 10125320 – 13555690 – 10239906- 062.
- Total intake head runner volume not to exceed 173cc. Exhaust volume not to exceed 64cc.
- The Chevy Phase 2 cast iron bow tie head (new style) part no. 1013492 casting no 140110034-184cc intake runner volume -2.02 intake, 1.65 exhaust.
- New Chevy Vortec/Bowtie head part # 25534351OK. Max intake runner volume 186cc, max exhaust runner volume 69cc.
- Dart iron eagle 180 head permitted (part #’s 10110010, 10110010F, 101200100. 182cc max intake runner volume, 77cc max exhaust runner volume. 2.02″ intake valve diameter max, 1.60″ exhaust valve diameter max. NO machine cut more than .700″ below valve seat. NO iron eagle 200, 215, or 200, 215 platinum heads allowed.
- Any cast iron or aluminum.
- No porting or polishing or gasket machining.
- May run one (1) inch spacer.
- Turtle OK not altered.
- Total adapter not to exceed 1” total.
- Directional spacers OK total carburetor spacer height 1”.
- All intakes must be from recognized name brand intake manufacturer, ex. Edelbrock, Brodix, Holley, Weiand, and MUST have manufacturers name and part number intact and unaltered. No import manifolds allowed.
- Any flat tappet cam.
- Stock diameter lifters only to OEM of engine. No ceramic foot lifters allowed, all lifters must have a magnetic base.
- No roller cams or lifters.
- Cast iron only camshaft. No billet cams.
- Any 4150 Series Carburetor
362 Eastbay Style Engines
1. Engines MUST BE based on an American factory design Steel Block and MUST be naturally aspirated (carburetor). NO ALUMINUM BLOCKS ALLOWED, with the exception of the GM CT525 Crate Motor.
2. Maximum cubic inch is 362. No stroking or destroking. 3.480 or 3.500 crankshafts only.
3. Chevrolet– 23 degree heads plus or minus one (1) degree valve angle. Ford– 20 degree head plus or minus one (1) degree valve angle. Dodge (Mopar)- 18 degree heads plus or minus one (1) degree valve angle.
4. Maximum overbore of .060 over.
5. Carburetor is limited to one (1) Holley 4150 series four (4) barrel, air horn optional. Must maintain 4150 base gasket hole pattern. Gas or alcohol only.
6. No fuel injection devices, vacuum pumps, electric fuel pumps, electric water pumps, turbocharges or blowers permitted.
7. NO titanium or exotic material crankshafts or connecting rods permitted. Titanium valves and retainers are allowed.
8. All engines limited to one (1) spark plug and two (2) valves per cylinder.
Fuel Pump and Fuel Cell
- Stock mount only.
- No electric or belt driven fuel pump.
- Steel case on fuel cell recommended.
- Any battery operated.
- No crank trigger ignition.
- No electronic traction control devices!!
- Ocala Speedway reserves the right to inspect MSD boxes at any time, and the right to hold winnings, and impound MSD boxes to be sent to MSD for inspection.
- Must be close to stock location.
- Must have operating starter.
Drive Train Clutch
- Must have operating starter.
- May be stock type with forward and reverse gears.
- Any automatic transmission OK.
- Any quick change transmission, Bert or Brinn OK. No direct drives in-out boxes.
- Any stock type rear end.
- Quick change accepted.
- Must be four wheel operating at all times.
- No carbon fiber – no aluminum rotors.
- No billet hubs.
Wheels and Tires
- Maximum 14 inch aluminum wheels.
- Bead locks OK.
- Hoosier D21 & D55 tires. The punch rule is 44. Crate 604 cars ONLY may run Crate 21’s and Crate 55’s. The punch rule for Crate 21 is 44, the punch rule for Crate 55 is 60.
- NO tire softeners. NO soaking of tires. NO pre-heating of tires. NO chemicals of any type inside of tires except oxygen or nitrogen. All tires are subject to a 44 punch rule.
- No grinding or removing of factory tire markings.
- Rule Book Disclaimer: The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. No express or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The absence of a specific rule does not imply approval. The track reserves the right to add weight in the fairness of competition.