Holds Back Blaney and Hodnett for Third Career Series Victory
OCALA, Florida (February 5, 2016) - For the third time in his career and for the first time since 2007, Kraig Kinser found victory lane with the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions. The Bloomington, Indiana, native scored $5,000 for his wire-to-wire triumph at Bubba Raceway Park on Friday, February 5, officially capturing the first Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions win of the 2016 season. Defending All Star champion Dale Blaney finished second, followed by Greg Hodnett, Chad Kemenah and a hard charging Caleb Armstrong.
“It always feels great to be in victory lane, no matter where you are at or what time of the year it is” Kraig Kinser said, “The last couple laps, I was really hard on my tires. I knew those guys had to be all around me. I could see guys below me on a few of those restarts. I'm just happy to be standing up here in victory lane."
Greg Hodnett and Kraig Kinser led the 24-starters to green during the first Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions main event of 2016. Kinser took command on the initial start and kept control at the front of the field until the main event’s first caution appeared on lap seven. Dale Blaney, who started sixth on the main event grid, worked his way to third before the event’s first pause, with Greg Hodnett riding just ahead in the runner-up position.
A caution during the initial lap-seven restart would reset the running order once again. Action would continue following a second lap-seven restart, allowing Kraig Kinser to resume his position at the front of the field. The “Low Rider” Dale Blaney worked his way to second by the tenth circuit of the 30-lap main event, making Kraig Kinser his next intended target. For nearly ten circuits, Dale Blaney and Greg Hodnett attempted to hunt down Kinser through slower traffic, racing within car-lengths and eventually bumper to bumper, but never working around the Arctic Cat, No. 11K. In the meantime, Hodnett would reclaim second on lap 23.
Yellow flag conditions would return to the speedway on lap 24, bunching the field back together once again. Dale Blaney reclaimed second from Greg Hodnett after the lap-24 restart, but neither had enough time or tire to catch Kraig Kinser.
“We tried to get around Kraig a few different times, but he just made all of the right moves and plugged all of the right holes” Dale Blaney said, “We’ll take this. Muddy and Big Game give us a great opportunity to do this. My guys keep plugging away. Hopefully we can come back and do one better tomorrow.”
"We are super happy to get it done tonight." Kraig Kinser said, "Super thrilled to win with the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions while flying the Arctic Cat colors.”
The Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions will conclude their Bubba Army Winter Nationals campaign at Bubba Raceway Park on Saturday evening, February 6. Like Friday night, teams will participate in a full Arctic Cat All Star program, capped off with a $5,000 payday. Pit gates are scheduled to swing open at 3 p.m. tomorrow afternoon, with hot laps hitting the speedway at 6 p.m., followed by racing at 7 o’clock. Main grandstands will open at 4:00 p.m. sharp.
Contingency Awards/Results - Bubba Raceway Park - Friday, February 5, 2016
State Water Heaters Warm-Ups: Chad Kemenah 13.107
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: Danny Holtgraver 12.906
Kistler Racing Products Heat #1: Logan Schuchart
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2: Chad Kemenah
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3: Bryan Clauson
JE Pistons Dash: Greg Hodnett
Daido Engine Bearings Main Event Winner: Kraig Kinser
Outback Steakhouse A-Main 5th Place Finisher: Caleb Armstrong
Outback Steakhouse A-Main 10th Place Finisher: Danny Smith (11th)
Outback Steakhouse A-Main 15th Place Finisher: Caleb Helms
1.70-Danny Holtgraver, 12.906; 2.45-Tim Shaffer, 13.025; 3.11K-Kraig Kinser, 13.087; 4.1-Dale Blaney, 13.113; 5.10H-Chad Kemenah, 13.170; 6.27-Greg Hodnett, 13.274; 7.59-Austin McCarl, 13.372; 8.17W-Bryan Clauson, 13.453; 9.4-Danny Smith, 13.453; 10.1S-Logan Schuchart, 13.471; 11.1A-Jacob Allen, 13.493; 12.7C-Caleb Armstrong, 13.514; 13.40-Caleb Helms, 13.581; 14.49H-Bradley Howard, 13.590; 15.13-Brandon Matus, 13.628; 16.07-Doug Esh, 13.679; 17.24-Terry McCarl, 13.702; 18.14-Tyler Clem, 13.721; 19.87-Aaron Reutzel, 13.935; 20.8M-TJ Michael, 13.983; 21.71m-Paul May, 14.056; 22.40i-Mark Imler, 14.141; 23.33-Brent Matus, 14.397; 24.76-David Jones, 14.470; 25.i07-Jordan Givler, 14.563; 26.51-John Garvin, 15.005;
Heat 1, Group A - (8 Laps)
- 1S-Logan Schuchart ; 2. 4-Danny Smith ; 3. 27-Greg Hodnett ; 4. 70-Danny Holtgraver ; 5. 24-Terry McCarl ; 6. 13-Brandon Matus ; 7. 33-Brent Matus ; 8. i07-Jordan Givler ; 9. 51-John Garvin
Heat 2, Group B - (8 Laps)
- 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 2. 45-Tim Shaffer ; 3. 49H-Bradley Howard ; 4. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 5. 59-Austin McCarl ; 6. 14-Tyler Clem ; 7. 8M-TJ Michael ; 8. 40i-Mark Imler ; 9. 76-David Jones
Heat 3, Group C - (8 Laps)
- 17W-Bryan Clauson ; 2. 11K-Kraig Kinser ; 3. 07-Doug Esh ; 4. 1-Dale Blaney ; 5. 1A-Jacob Allen ; 6. 7C-Caleb Armstrong ; 7. 71m-Paul May ; 8. 40-Caleb Helms
Dash 1 - (6 Laps)
- 27-Greg Hodnett ; 2. 11K-Kraig Kinser ; 3. 17W-Bryan Clauson ; 4. 45-Tim Shaffer ; 5. 70-Danny Holtgraver ; 6. 1-Dale Blaney ; 7. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 8. 4-Danny Smith
B-Main 1 - (12 Laps)
- 8M-TJ Michael ; 2. 40-Caleb Helms ; 3. 71m-Paul May ; 4. 33-Brent Matus ; 5. 40i-Mark Imler ; 6. 76-David Jones ; 7. i07-Jordan Givler ; 8. 51-John Garvin
A-Main 1 - (30 Laps)
- 11K-Kraig Kinser ; 2. 1-Dale Blaney ; 3. 27-Greg Hodnett ; 4. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 5. 7C-Caleb Armstrong ; 6. 45-Tim Shaffer ; 7. 17W-Bryan Clauson ; 8. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 9. 70-Danny Holtgraver ; 10. 1S-Logan Schuchart ; 11. 4-Danny Smith ; 12. 1A-Jacob Allen ; 13. 07-Doug Esh ; 14. 71m-Paul May ; 15. 40-Caleb Helms ; 16. 14-Tyler Clem ; 17. 13-Brandon Matus ; 18. 49H-Bradley Howard ; 19. 59-Austin McCarl ; 20. 33-Brent Matus ; 21. 40i-Mark Imler ; 22. 8M-TJ Michael ; 23. 76-David Jones ; 24. 24-Terry McCarl
Additional news and information regarding the Bubba Army Winter Nationals at Bubba Raceway Park, including ticket prices and schedule of events, can be found on the Web at www.bubbaracewaypark.com.